Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Quote:
I am thinking that one is a girl. So far, I think I either have 4/6 boys or 3/6 boys, obviously hoping for the later. I am not too sure on the combs yet - some are really intermediate. A few of mine are definitely boys while there are another few in question...

We'll see. I have one who was white-winged at a few days old but is dark-colored now and very clearly barred. I am thinking that one is a boy. I've got another that was white-winged at a few days old but is pretty small and staying pretty cream-colored. So,... no idea.
I guess I have no idea either. I think worst case scenario, 6/7 Roos, best case 3/7. There is only one that I am convinced is a girl. I hope I can tell soon, but I am just impatient.

Quote:
I think someone needs to post a pic of this thoughtful gift!!

I keep meaning to do that. Now I want to see the yellow "footed" one though.
cool.png

Here ya' go!

I think someone needs to post a pic of this thoughtful gift!!

I keep meaning to do that. Now I want to see the yellow "footed" one though.
cool.png

Here ya' go!

clap.gif
Well done notinoz!! Thanks for posting this Wisher!! Now you all have something to smile about despite having cruddy hatches!!! A cute chick that never grows up!!

I guess I have no idea either. I think worst case scenario, 6/7 Roos, best case 3/7. There is only one that I am convinced is a girl. I hope I can tell soon, but I am just impatient.
I hope it's closer to 3/7! Their combs seem to be growing by the minute. There are still 2 I am not sure of, but I am steeling myself for 4/7 roos. I think I'm okay with it, though, because I realllly want an awesome rooster to use for my EO breeding and my planned crossbreeding. If I can get a solid trio with an awesome roo, I will be thrilled.
fl.gif
fl.gif

It's funny - I set my next batch of chicken eggs the day after Easter, and I am locking down tomorrow. Time flies!
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
I hope it's closer to 3/7! Their combs seem to be growing by the minute. There are still 2 I am not sure of, but I am steeling myself for 4/7 roos. I think I'm okay with it, though, because I realllly want an awesome rooster to use for my EO breeding and my planned crossbreeding. If I can get a solid trio with an awesome roo, I will be thrilled.
fl.gif
fl.gif

It's funny - I set my next batch of chicken eggs the day after Easter, and I am locking down tomorrow. Time flies!
jumpy.gif

I set more eggs after Easter on Tuesday, my lock down is Saturday.
big_smile.png

I took 4 of my calmest chicks from the easter hatch to my daughters preschool today. The kids loooooved them! They each got to feed 1 mealworm to the chicks. They were all very well behaved except one boy who wanted to squeeze the chicks and had to be restrained. LOL but my babies did so good. They were my 2 brahmas, 1 polish and of course my little serama. I am sold on seramas. She comes in at night to sleep with me while I relax. She used like sleeping in my bra, but now its my should under my hair. She is so calm, she goes right to sleep. I need more!

Quote:
Congrats.......where did you get the eggs from......i've been trying to get 5 but i've read that they stop laying eggs by march.............Congrats again...........
thumbsup.gif
Thanks, I got the first two eggs off Ebay, and the other three from Kalaya Emu Estate. They do stop laying in March, I think that I may have some of the last eggs of the season. They will start laying again in December. Hope that you will be able to find some to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom