1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mahonri, Feb 1, 2012.

1. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Woot!! I don't have my eggs yet, but I am hoping to have both shipped and 'picked up' and maybe a few of my own eggs. I am ready, bring it on! :)

2. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois

3. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Congratulations Arielle.............but I think you owe me since you were talking about my bread!

[​IMG]

Deb

4. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    [​IMG]

5. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    (So I guess that's the fastest I've ever accidentally closed a contest. It's reopened now...)

Nothing to see here, move along.

[​IMG]

6. Spangled

Spangled Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2012
    Serenity Valley

Whoo-ooo, Arielle! Way. To. Go! [​IMG] X 100!

'Twas me. Of course, it was lovingly. I called it Mahonri's 3rd Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long and Marathon Posting Party [​IMG] to highlight and emphasize its importance and magnitude! This is a big deal -- the Olympics, Academy Awards, and Pullet-Surprise of Hatching. Keeping the momentum and "lovely sense of occasion*" at the fore always, with a thought to posting well and often (Marathon Posting Par-tay) to amuse ourselves and encourage others. Of course, it was lovingly. [​IMG] (I'm feeling like the poor chicken that crossed the road and has its intentions questioned. [​IMG])

However, I will now retract it since, of course, I overstepped the bounds of propriety by adding to the Official Name. I should have not highlighted the Marathon Posting Party section and should have rather put it in parentheses or some other manner to show that it's not part of the Official Name of the hatch-a-long. I extend apologies for overstepping, regardless of my intentions, which were lovingly, etc.

Again ... Congratulations, Arielle! [​IMG]

*Thanks to Mr. Fitzherbert for this phrase.

7. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Oh stop! I love it. [​IMG] Continue to make us laugh!

8. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

I really enjoyed having Guineas around. Of course they were my neighbors, visited during the day and went back home at night, and I had no responsibility for them at all. Unfortunately they were picked off one by one by the predator population, and the last 2 disappeared last fall. Hope he gets some more, they were good visitors and ate lots of bugs.

9. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    [​IMG] How about a new bread recipe!!!

Wow! What a surprise! And all I had to do was post! Thanks JustAFarm et al for a super duper thread of fun!!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  10. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I had 17 guineas last year.. hmm. or the year before that.. LOL. I had to sell them ASAP once they started standing on my front lawn hollering 16 hours a day. but on the plus side, I figured I could get away with a few roosters if my neighbors put up with that!! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by