Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Update- 1 Gold laced Polish, 1 olive egger, and 2 mystery eggs have hatched. All of these were from Mr Heinz. Lots of pips starting with my other eggs. 1 BLRW has pipped at the wrong end. I am now at work for the next 10 hours so I am expecting a lot of new chicks when I get home.

hmm.png
Still pip-less here... *sigh*

Congrats to all of you who are already enjoying those new fuzzybutts, though!
wee.gif

I'm with you. Not one pip. But I do hear chirping. Wish something would happen.

And I have 22 hatched with five pipped and believe it or not, I think that is going to be the end of my hatch.

One of the four pipped is a Peachick sumatra!
Another one is a Renee, small dark layer. (so all I'm hatching from her eggs is two...
hit.gif
)
Another is a sulmtaler, #4 is a Drekki Icelandic and the last is a large Audin Icelandic.

Makes me feel badly about the brinsea... sad, but the hovabator and all it's high temps did better!

Mahonri - I use the Brinsea and find it is NEVER early. Temps and humidity are deadly accurate in that thing. Chicks start to hatch at 21 days - to the hour. So you are still a day early to expect anything out of the Brinsea.

Good Morning! There was one pip when I went to bed and when I woke up I had one chick and 11 more pips! 24 out of 27 eggs went into lock down, but I'm not really sure how many of those were still alive. This is my first hatch and I don't really know what I'm doing, but I've been learning a lot from all of you. thanks! This is really exciting!
wee.gif

Ditto. Mine has been rock solid. I get hatches maybe 12 hours early but never this early. Just one pip in my brinsea now and they are due 4AM TOMORROW.

I can see it now.. if I was one of Mahonri's patients.. After fifteen minutes into a root canal.. "This is taking too long!! Bring me the pliers!". Hee hee.

Mahonri - I use the Brinsea and find it is NEVER early. Temps and humidity are deadly accurate in that thing. Chicks start to hatch at 21 days - to the hour. So you are still a day early to expect anything out of the Brinsea.

Lakenvelder for the WIN! First chickie out. :) I have 11 pips and it looks like my BRxMarans mix is racing to be 2nd.

Update- 1 Gold laced Polish, 1 olive egger, and 2 mystery eggs have hatched. All of these were from Mr Heinz. Lots of pips starting with my other eggs. 1 BLRW has pipped at the wrong end. I am now at work for the next 10 hours so I am expecting a lot of new chicks when I get home.

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom