Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Quote:
BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA you had to reach in and get it didnt you?

I just had to do it.
hide.gif

Kathy, glad your little chickie is OK. Yes I would have to say that Crystal Creek has very nice stock. One of the splits that I hatched out is a gorgeous black roo. I had to keep him. He has turned into a nice boy now that he is out of his hormonal stage. Woos the girls very nicely. Crystal takes such awesome pictures too.

To many post to keep up.

Evening feeding time.

28 of 29 out.

#29 is working hard, the egg is rocking back and forth.

Of the 28 hatched, one has some unabsorbed yolk with umbilical.

So up and down, in and out, left and right, doing pretty good.

28 out of 36 = 77% hatch rate

29 out of 36 = 80% hatch rate

Considering I had an 80% hatch rate on the first go with my home made incubator, and 77% or 80% on this hatch. I'll say success!

16 out so far, I got to watch the last 2 hatch woohoo! Recorded the last 1 maybe I will try to figure out how to put it on youtube. All EO's and frizzle bantam cochins, and one lone wrong-end roger EE egg that I finally opened up after 24 hours, looks a little weak but maybe just tired.

Why do they call them "Lavenders", Shouldn't they really be called "Porcelain" or "Self Blue"... or somethin like that?

I would love to see you ask this question on the Ameraucana thread. Technically, the lavenders are self-blue (and it's an issue with the APA and getting the colour variety approved.) I'm not sure why they call them lavenders ....

Back
Top Bottom