Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

THe waiting is so very difficult. No pips yet. I an worried that the early 104 degrees harmed the embryos; yet the last candling showed full eggs.
barnie.gif
The waiting is killing me! All the second guessing!

My mind is gone. I've been picking up and moving hatching cages for over a week and just did it again! I forgot to use them at lockdown
barnie.gif
If these actually hatch, how will I know what I have???

Last edited:
Several pips, but no zips. There's one egg that I can't see a pip, but I think it might have pipped underneath! I see a pip-sized piece of eggshell on the incubator floor. Its the only egg it could have come from. I'm having trouble with humidity. Unless my hygrometer magically got more accurate since I calibrated it 4 weeks ago, its only 65 in there. Yesterday I had it around 70-75. I have 2 wet sponges in there, the water chambers full, and I keep sneaking wet paper towels in through the vent hole. (The vent holes are otherwise covered) I'm hatching ducks

Been at 6 pips for a while now, 18 left to start doing anything.

A lot of noise was coming from in there so just looked again and my first pip has practically zipped all the way in about 15 minutes. Nice.

And just hatched. Looks to be a black Blue Plymouth Rock. almost 10 hours from first sign of pip. Didn't finish the hole for another 5 hours. Zipped and hatched in 30 minutes tops.

And one of the others that have started pips finally finished the pip hole.
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom