Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Today has not been a good day. My SIL woke me up at 6:22 this morning to tell me that one of our 15 year old cats had died.
hit.gif
Someone's PET came in my yard and killed one of my cats. When I saw the prints in the driveway my first thought was coyotes, but when I thought about it, it didn't make sense. It was simply a kill. It wasn't for food. We were lucky that her sister was in the house. SSS is now in effect at our house.
Purry didn't go down without a fight. If she had, it just wouldn't have been like her. Here's a pic of her from last year. I'll miss her.

Today has not been a good day. My SIL woke me up at 6:22 this morning to tell me that one of our 15 year old cats had died.
hit.gif
Someone's PET came in my yard and killed one of my cats. When I saw the prints in the driveway my first thought was coyotes, but when I thought about it, it didn't make sense. It was simply a kill. It wasn't for food. We were lucky that her sister was in the house. SSS is now in effect at our house.
Purry didn't go down without a fight. If she had, it just wouldn't have been like her. Here's a pic of her from last year. I'll miss her.

Wow so sorry for your loss! She is beautiful.
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry for your loss, Razadia. Losing a kitty, especially one that's been in the family that long, is heartbreaking.

KVmommy, I don't blame you for wanting to help. I'm not sure how to effectively help, so I can't give advice.

I had five of my six chicks hatch during day 21. The last one was pipped when I left the school yesterday afternoon, and I knew it'd been pipped at least 9 hours.

I'd mentally prepared myself to find a dead in shell chick this morning when I went in to check on them. Instead, I found a newly hatched chick!!! She seems very tired, but healthy.

So, for the easter hatch, the number I turned in was 5/7, but my official number was 6/7. I am so excited!
wee.gif
Not bad for a school hatch, huh?

As soon as I get my incubator cleaned out, I'm setting 7 BLRW at the local elementary school.

Small Batch Hatch

Winner!

to SChunn! She hatched
9/12 for a 75% success rate
and a GFM membership

Quote:
Congrats, Schunn!!!

If my pokey chick had come just a little quicker, I would've beat you. I would have had 85%. But, the little bugger hatched 6 hours too late.

Muttsfan, thanks for the video. It never stops being an amazing miracle to me.

Back
Top Bottom