1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mail Men issuee....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Emzyyy, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    OMG my mother just took a walk and the mail man dropped half his mail in the road and now my mom is going to call and make a complaint. Their is bills in here, he usually delivers mail to the wrong places now he just leaves it in the street?

2. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    he must be the same person that took such good care of my eggs that looked like the box was used as a soccer ball. :thun

3. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    sounds like a good plan

4. luvzmybabz

luvzmybabz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Wow at least you get mail today!

5. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Are you sure it was the mail man? The PO is closed today.

6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Quote:Exactly what I was going to say.

IF it's true (which it shouldn't be since NO mail men work today), tell her to collect the mail and call the post master first thing Tuesday morning. (Don't bother today since NO postal workers work today except MAYBE in processing plants, but normally not ANYONE on holidays.)

7. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

City and state workers, banks, POs, DMV, UPS, FedEx.... everyone is closed today, unless you work retail!

8. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    I would say the chances are better that someone was out stealing mail and dumped what they don't want. Swiping mail is an good way to steal a person's identity and generally when someone does it they don't just hit one house!

9. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Quote:Yup. I know the last holiday, our processing plant continued working (which sucked b/c it meant our mail load was even heavier the next day! ;-), but generally they do not.

10. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I work at a prison in the mail room, and on holidays there is always someone at the post office. Either someone from our mail room goes and picks up the mail or someone from the unit does. But there is always at least two or three workers at the post office. I mean its closed, but people are still there. [​IMG] We can pick the mail up, we just cannot deliever it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by