mail order chickens???

Ideal hatchery, Cackle hatchery, McMurray hatchery, Mypetchicken.com, theres alot more....but check these out first.
wink.png

Which of the hatcheries have yall had the best luck with? I am considering "expanding"
big_smile.png
my flock next spring and just wondered which is the best to go with.

I've used Ideal with no problems and have been happy with their service and they are really polite. I'm sure everyone has either had a positive or negative experience with just about every local and national hatchery. Whether they are family owned or operated or if they actually brood and hatch the chicks there, or bring them in from local breeders everyone has their own opinion. You will just have to start calling around and speak to the different companies to decide which one is right for you.

I can tell you that Stromburgs and Murry McMurry are middle men so to speak and do not hatch the chicks on the property. They get them from local breeders. That is not saying anything bad about them. Some places breed them on site and some do not. These are just the ones that I personally am aware of. Best of luck to you on your decision and let us know how it goes for you.

any other mail order places to mention?

anyone have any problems with any of them, or have any recommendations?

I'm about to place an order for some chicks but will still have my eye out for some older hens locally.

Wintertime or not, order from the most reputable hatchery that is closest to you. Less travel time is less stressful on the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom