Mail Order Hatchery Recommendations for Guineas

Country Fowl

In the Brooder
Aug 25, 2016
Hi All,

Newbie here. I bought 10 guineas with my chicks this year and only one survived. I followed the instructions for them to a T, but they just didn't make it. Although I do realize that Guineas are much more fragile than chicks, I'm thinking that the hatchery I bought them from may not have the best guineas. I would still like to order guineas this year so I don't just have the lonely one.

I have looked in my area (Seattle) for breeders and can't seem to find any of the Royal Purple ones so I'm afraid I'll have to order from a hatchery again. This being said, which hatchery do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance!

I just ordered 8 chicks and 3 Guineas from Ideal. They are all health and happy. I would definitely order from them again. I liked that I didn't have to order 50 like some places online do.

I just ordered 8 chicks and 3 Guineas from Ideal. They are all health and happy. I would definitely order from them again. I liked that I didn't have to order 50 like some places online do.

Sadly they don't have Royal Purple :(

I got my original flock from cackle, though I ordered them from efowl. At the end of season three price goes down and they have free shipping. I bought 30 for $110 shipped and sold ten for $50 locally.

ETA: I ordered hatchery choice and was sent equal numbers of each color for a total of 32.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom