Mail Order Hatchery Recommendations for Guineas

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by Country Fowl, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Country Fowl

Country Fowl Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2016
    Hi All,

Newbie here. I bought 10 guineas with my chicks this year and only one survived. I followed the instructions for them to a T, but they just didn't make it. Although I do realize that Guineas are much more fragile than chicks, I'm thinking that the hatchery I bought them from may not have the best guineas. I would still like to order guineas this year so I don't just have the lonely one.

I have looked in my area (Seattle) for breeders and can't seem to find any of the Royal Purple ones so I'm afraid I'll have to order from a hatchery again. This being said, which hatchery do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. turtlemh

turtlemh Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2016
    I just ordered 8 chicks and 3 Guineas from Ideal. They are all health and happy. I would definitely order from them again. I liked that I didn't have to order 50 like some places online do.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Glad they arrived in good shape! I like that as well about Ideal - that you can order a smaller number. Good luck to you!!

5. Country Fowl

Country Fowl Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2016

Sadly they don't have Royal Purple :(

6. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I got my original flock from cackle, though I ordered them from efowl. At the end of season three price goes down and they have free shipping. I bought 30 for $110 shipped and sold ten for $50 locally.

ETA: I ordered hatchery choice and was sent equal numbers of each color for a total of 32.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by