Maine - auctions?? pls help

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by klf73, Feb 12, 2009.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I need to get rid of a LOT of roos, unfortunately no one wants them. They are mostly from nice lines etc but I just can't afford to feed all the *extras* anymore. I am near Portland. Does anyone know of any auctions I can unload these boys? I feel bad because I have had some so long, but I just can't afford the feed bill, I am going through 100lb a week and only have 4 chickens laying right now [​IMG] . With the weather getting warmer they are starting to fight more......
    wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this [​IMG]

2. Mrs.SplashSilkie

Mrs.SplashSilkie Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2009
    Orient, Maine
    They have a auction in Skowhegan, I think weekly.I have gotten rid of some birds there. Not good prices, but at least they go to another home!![​IMG]

3. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    have you also tried craigslist for your area? uncle henrys on line?

4. maine chicks

maine chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    maine
    I'm outside of Brunswick and am looking for a sweet roo to protect 13 girls. My male guinea passed away and he had been doing the job until a month ago. I have a neighbor who goes to some swaps in the area during the summer and fall but I don't know where they are. I have not heard good things about Craigs List and birds from vets. I would want to see what I'm getting in person.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by