Maine chicken swaps 2010

me oh me oh me!!! Sorry I am really excited about it, this is my first one. I am probably the biggest dork when it comes to chickens! Looooooooooooooooooove My chickens, more than my dogs, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I am only bringing my Black Orpington roo, we discovered she was a he last week when he crowed and we had two roosters. Perfect opportunity to re-home my roo and get a couple of hens.

I might be interested in your roo.

And if all goes well I might be willing to part with some of my pullets who will be six weeks old then. The pullets are from the Ideal so not show quality but still good chickens. I ordered the assorted pullet mix and am still trying to figure out what I was sent. I would have gone for specific breeds but the price was right and my main goal was to at least have some chickens who could give me eggs before the end of next year.

The Royal Bahamian Potcake is the island breed of the Bahamas. They are mutts but over the generations have almost become their own natural breed. I would say they resemble a terrier/retriever mix. Size is about 50 lbs. Very smart too. Mine is fawn colored with drop ears. Her ideal weight is around 40 lbs but due to a recently diagnosed thyroid condition she is up to 60 lbs. Another common trait with the breed is the ridgeback effect. When Sarah gets excited the fur along her spine stands up. I would love to have another someday.

Quote:
I would love to as it is very close to home but it is the end of Cumberland Fair and the begining of Fryburg Fair so we will be busy with both of those. :-( Wish it was the weekend after Fryburg was over. I'll hopefully hit the next one. I have a bunch of silkies and cochins for sale and was hoping to make it. Oh well. Have fun guys.

Quote:
sweeeeet! I got Isaac along with his litter mates from a hatchery, ordered them online as eggs. 6 Out of 7 hatched so it was a good first try and incubating. I don't know how to tell if he is show quality. A very good looking bird! We have handled him since day 1 and have had no signs of aggression at all. The only reason I have to rehome is because I have another rooster and I don't want any tension.

Quote:
Any pics?? I'd love to see what she looks like.

I do
smile.png
I will have to post them tomorrow since I am using my Ipod right at the moment and not my computer.

Quote:
sweeeeet! I got Isaac along with his litter mates from a hatchery, ordered them online as eggs. 6 Out of 7 hatched so it was a good first try and incubating. I don't know how to tell if he is show quality. A very good looking bird! We have handled him since day 1 and have had no signs of aggression at all. The only reason I have to rehome is because I have another rooster and I don't want any tension.

Sounds great. He would have his own little harem here. I do have a silkie roo who prefers to live with my two goats instead of with the other chickens. Hmm now I suppose I should find him some feathered friends too.

Back
Top Bottom