Major chick issue please help!

I have read about putting the chick in a cup in normal standing position. Basically physical therapy, forcing the chick to exercise its muscles in the proper position.

Hi all, I have a bit of a major problem with one of my newly hatched chicks that was born Wednesday evening.
One of my baby chicks has a hip/leg issue... I’m not really sure what to do for it. I have tried the bandage around legs trick but it hasn’t done anything.
One leg works normally - the left side - but the right side automatically moves back. Like you lay flat on your stomach and put one leg under you the other goes back. It can move it and I concluded that it’s not broken. I can’t tell if it’s a leg deformity, hip problem, or the chick just not trying. It’s eating and drinking normally with help... it hatched on its own in about 16 hours after pipping which isn’t too bad for timing.
Is there anything I can do for it? Tips, help, and advice?

@nuthatched @azygous @Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive
I had a chick exatily like this. Tryed the band thing. Didn't work. He was eating and drinking fine. So, we figured we'd give him a chance. He was kinda getting bullied by the others though. But he did have 2 friends. He is now older and fine. He get's around fine, just takes him a little longer. But, he's living a good life now with his 2 buddys.

I had a chick exatily like this. Tryed the band thing. Didn't work. He was eating and drinking fine. So, we figured we'd give him a chance. He was kinda getting bullied by the others though. But he did have 2 friends. He is now older and fine. He get's around fine, just takes him a little longer. But, he's living a good life now with his 2 buddys.
It sadly died yesterday 😭😭😭 So I took my medicine and went to Tractor Supply. They had Prairie Bluebell Egger pullets, so they came home. Tractor Supply is always the best medicine. 😥🙃

Back
Top Bottom