Majour desASTER!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chicken Charlotte, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Chicken Charlotte

Chicken Charlotte Out of the Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Hello
    MAGOUR DESASTER I made a perfect incubater and my dad wont let me use it just because I have 11 chickens I said I was only hatching four and selling them at chicks. I love making things and I wanted to see If what I made while I was younger was good and worked but I cant unless I have one go at it WHAT DO I DO! Alot of you are fathers, tell me what you would do if your child asked to use and incubater that she thought might work and she just wants to live her dream of a kid because my father said NOOOOOOOOO [​IMG]
    [​IMG] What can I do to make him change his mind?????? PLEASE HELP ME!
    Thankyou Charlotte

2. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Quote:I wish I could help, if I said no that is what it would have to be. Good luck though.

3. carrlr

carrlr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2010
    Southern Illinois
    Charlotte, I think it's neat you would like to try your incubator to hatch eggs. What reasons has your dad provided you? Maybe you could ask him, if he hasn't already told you. As a father sometimes we tell our kids no but don't always take the time to explain why. He might have a real good reason that you're not thinking of. Like, where will you keep them once they hatch? What if you can't sell them? Do you have a brooder? Is your coop large enough? Etc. Etc. Unfortunately he is your father, so if his final answer is no you have to respect that. Good luck.

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Please respect your father's wishes. You will have plenty of time for hatching once you are earning your own paycheck, and dads are to be treasured and respected, just like moms.

You say you made the "perfect" incubator, yet just 2 days ago you were asking for instructions in detail and saying you know nothing about making things.

" Thankyou but I need easy Ideas im not a builder I dont even have a job because im younger than you guys expect and I wanna do this job by my self not with my parents/DAD"

Anyone who builds an incubator will need to test it before ever putting fertile eggs in it. And consider the fact that you are not paying for any chicken maintenance expenses. Be patient, your time will come and you will have lots of beautiful chickens! [​IMG]

5. Chicken Charlotte

Chicken Charlotte Out of the Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    I suppose so its just that I dont know anything about making stuff thats why I wanna see if what I made works if I cant sell them well I have not thought of that one but I have somewhere to put them please keep on giving me IDEAS I need to know but you guys I think you need to get me thinking a little more I dunno but I sure know im not giving up on this one.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by