Make or female?

I'm leaning pullet for the RIR. She's much too young for male-specific feathers to come in yet, and her comb is a bit large, but not overly so, and is still pale.
I really hope so! I’m also unsure about the Starlight Egger, the multi colored one. The past two weeks I notice color changes in her neck feathers

I agree that she could still be a pullet because the pictures do not have completely clear views of her feathers, but gender specific feathers can come in at six weeks. If they never could, then explain to me why all of my cockerels I have had had pointed hackles at six weeks old, compared to the rounded hackles of the pullets. You have to look very closely, but there is a shape difference.
Not trying to argue here, but I've just never seen any six week old cockerel with pointed hackles :idunno
I really hope so! I’m also unsure about the Starlight Egger, the multi colored one. The past two weeks I notice color changes in her neck feathers
Oh, the Egger is 100% a pullet! She's probably just going through a juvenile molt right now, it's very common around her age.

Not trying to argue here, but I've just never seen any six week old cockerel with pointed hackles :idunno

Oh, the Egger is 100% a pullet! She's probably just going through a juvenile molt right now, it's very common around her age.
Is this the one that’s multi colored? One is supposedly a Prairie Bluebell (gray?) and the other Starlight Green (multi-colored?) but I’m not sure!

Is this the one that’s multi colored? One is supposedly a Prairie Bluebell (gray?) and the other Starlight Green (multi-colored?) but I’m not sure!
I am pretty sure they are talking about the Starlight Green Egger because she has a female-specific color that is commonly seen in Easter Eggers.

Back
Top Bottom