Making a chicken breed-Midnight Blue Egger

Your imagined breed sounds beautiful, black_cat! I would enjoy seeing one someday.

I would also be curious to learn about breeding for various traits (how it works, etc.). It sounds very interesting, though not something I expect to see in my future...

Your imagined breed sounds beautiful, black_cat! I would enjoy seeing one someday.

I would also be curious to learn about breeding for various traits (how it works, etc.). It sounds very interesting, though not something I expect to see in my future...
Honestly I have no idea how it works. I'm assuming it looks like this: I cross a cochin with a sumatra. I take the chicks that have the longest tails and breed them back to the cochin. Repeat until long tailed cochin appears. I maybe should research how this works.... yeah. Thanks! I would love to create this breed, and will probably be a focus in several years in my life at one point. I'm making this thread now because A) I want to have a thing that I can't lose, so that I can come back to all of my plans, and B) because I believe that not all of the wonderful people on BYC will still be active to help me when the time actually comes. This is possibly the most difficult and least practical breed I could possibly make-but now that I have the idea, I can't seem to let it go!

I've created an absolute monstrosity in photoshop. If this all coordinated as actual feathers, then this would be what I'm going for.
breed monstrosity.jpg

I want this, but with,,,y'know,,,actual feathers that are all part of the same bird,,,,,someone please take my photoshop away.

I've created an absolute monstrosity in photoshop. If this all coordinated as actual feathers, then this would be what I'm going for.
View attachment 2240843
I want this, but with,,,y'know,,,actual feathers that are all part of the same bird,,,,,someone please take my photoshop away.
I've decided to ditch the black skin from the ayam. It just seems like an extra thing that I honestly don't need to deal with. I'll still probably buy some ayam cemanis at some point though.

Your concept sounds awesome. Let's try to get a genetics expert over here... He's shy though, so I may have to tag him until I become irritating...

Get your muscle-y butt over here @The Moonshiner! See if you can help Black Cat with her project.

You ignored my last summons. Don't make me punish you. :plbb
The whole 'knowing about chicken genetics' thing is my main wall between me and this new breed...as well as the whole 'have lots of time and chickens' thing.....Thanks! I don't really know who knows genetics as it has never been something I've gone in depth with, or have been in the forums for.

Your concept sounds awesome. Let's try to get a genetics expert over here... He's shy though, so I may have to tag him until I become irritating...

Get your muscle-y butt over here @The Moonshiner! See if you can help Black Cat with her project.

You ignored my last summons. Don't make me punish you. :plbb
Geez us Christ girl put your panties back on and give me a minute.
I hadn't even seen this thread.

Back
Top Bottom