Making a comeback....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by jade_softtail, Apr 16, 2012.

1. jade_softtail

jade_softtail Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2009
    Waverly, Ohio
    Been away for awhile because of my divorce but it was final last Sept. Yesterday my youngest Sam and I were in TSC and the lady asked if we wanted some chicks, they were only 99 cents each, ducklings $1.00 each so I ended up with 6 chicks and 2 ducklings, we are on our way once again and I'm so happy to be back in the "chicken business" as my dad says. Unfortunately when I was separated from my husband he was still living in the house a lot of my chickens disappeared. Sadly to say that Roy, my beautiful roo is gone. When the kids and I finally got back into the house I had to get rid of the rest of my chickens and ducks (they went to go a good home, my brother took them), the pig, the goat got out and one of the exes wolves got him, the wolves are with him now. We have started over, first by getting one dog, then another showed up, the first one had puppies (3 lived), and then my daughter got another one. I found homes for the puppies so we just have 3 for now. . My poor old computer is very slow so I probably won't be online much until I can get another one but if I have problems I will be on asking questions one again...LOVE IT! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Sorry to hear about your divorce and your chickens. But welcome back. Glad you are back in the chicken business!

Uh, wolves? Are you serious?

3. mulewagon

mulewagon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2010
    Alabama
    Yep, they're getting popular in North America - wolves and wolf/dog hybrids. I guess because regular dogs aren't dangerous enough! Also pythons and boa constrictors, which as you can imagine is a concern for chicken keepers. And then there's the people who deliberately feed bears in their backyards... Africa doesn't have all the big wildlife [​IMG]

Anyway, welcome back, Jade! Glad you got some more chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by