Making a run.. pictures needed!

Hi AnnElise!

Here's my run. I like that it's tall enough for anyone to walk into and comfortably stand. The "door" wall is 7 feet high and the back wall is 9 feet. The run dimensions are 4x12. It's very comfortable for cleaning and tending to the girls. The raised coop gives the girls 4 extra feet of run space, and saves my back while cleaning the coop out! I have sand in the run (and coop) which is really easy to clean. You can read more about my coop and run by clicking here, or you can click on one of the images below.
I​
hope this is helpful!​
Sincerely,
Kelly

Last edited:
My run is very similar to yours.
We built it for days when we go out of town and cannot let the chickens out to free range.
The pop door stays open 24/7 but I close the gate to the run every night and open it in the morning (when I'm home).
Excuse the naked guy in the photo.
roll.png

Mine had to follow the odd shape of the yard. It's also walk in height. Now the run base is all sand. Soon there will be a larger, custom wood coop on the outside.

Hi, Here is how I did my runs.
I used 6' x 10' construction fencing sections set in wooden framework. Used chain link fencing over 2" x 6" framing for roof. Works well.
Erik

Hi,

I want to make a run like yours Erik...can you tell me what to use to hole construction fencing and chainlink to wood??

And you you just hammered wood together or do you have mor support??

Back
Top Bottom