Making funny noise while eating and now...laid an egg on roost...

jenni22776rn

Songster
8 Years
Mar 6, 2011
Central Maine
my 3 year old Black Australorp, Bella has been making a funny loud noise when she is out free ranging..I noticed it 2 days ago it almost sounds like a loud chirp...she continues to eat...but yesterday she was doing the sound more and only when she is eating...I am not sure of she is claiming her food or it hurts to swallow but it sounds like a loud peep...she is 3 yrs old..eats layer crumbles as well as free ranging. Drinking good and eating great...this morning I went to let the ladies out and there was a broken egg in the coop..that has never happened and I knew it was from her because of the color..it looked like she laid it while on the roost and it dropped....she always uses the nesting boxes. Once I let her out she was walking around fine,eating good and seemed to be the same old Bella. The noise could almost sound like a sneeze..but no runny eyes,no nasal discharge. Also yesterday while the ladies were resting under the tree..she was making just odd sounds...like a groaning sound almost...but she is always the most vocal out of the three and her behavior did not change..just making more noises..where her eating habits have not changed at all and she seems like she is feeling good besides the noises..should I be worried? I don't want to start her on antibiotics just yet unless she needs it..but I wonder why she would be making that funny noise?

Do you think she was having a hard time laying that egg ? I had a hen who acted quite strange one day and looked strange and she also laid an egg on her roost at an unusual time for her, she has been fine since. hope that is all thats going on

Back
Top Bottom