Making lemonade out of lemons

ClubChickenMed

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 26, 2013
Hi, I'm Marti.... I've been haunting your site for months now, and finally decided to join, and actually become official!!! I am pretty new to chickens. Planned and ordered them a few years ago, but ended up with an emergency.... This year, after being laid off, I was looking at different avenues for food, money, etc...and am very involved in 4H. One of the club parents decided to get broilers, separate from the ones the kids do for projects, and asked if I wanted in on them. I am so glad I did. There are actually a big group of us that did...and we;ve had a blast!!!!! My broilers will be done next week, and I have Mennonite friends who are harvesting them for me. (sorry...not something I could deal with). Right now, I have the thirty five broiler chickens, and six brown Leghorns. I am also planning on buying some Americaunas and brown egg layers from a friend, once they finish hatching. I found your site by google, and it;s been a huge help!!!
Other hobbies...cooking, crafts, sewing, knitting...gardening...and 4H.
Just me and my critters now...and I was laid off in November, so this was the perfect year to make my dreams come true, and try this project!! I am so thrilled I did!!!
Thanks for such a wonderful web site!!!!

My

My friends needed something physical to do with their kids, and had to get rid of a trampoline...and I found directions on here to make a chicken coop from a trampoline...and it worked. My guys seem to love it!!!!

welcome-byc.gif
wishing you success in your new venture

Oh what a fantastic idea under the trampoline! I've been wondering how to let mine scratch in two vacant vegetable plots and this over the top would work perfectly!!

Welcome too!!

Hi, I'm Marti.... I've been haunting your site for months now, and finally decided to join, and actually become official!!! I am pretty new to chickens. Planned and ordered them a few years ago, but ended up with an emergency.... This year, after being laid off, I was looking at different avenues for food, money, etc...and am very involved in 4H. One of the club parents decided to get broilers, separate from the ones the kids do for projects, and asked if I wanted in on them. I am so glad I did. There are actually a big group of us that did...and we;ve had a blast!!!!! My broilers will be done next week, and I have Mennonite friends who are harvesting them for me. (sorry...not something I could deal with). Right now, I have the thirty five broiler chickens, and six brown Leghorns. I am also planning on buying some Americaunas and brown egg layers from a friend, once they finish hatching. I found your site by google, and it;s been a huge help!!!
Other hobbies...cooking, crafts, sewing, knitting...gardening...and 4H.
Just me and my critters now...and I was laid off in November, so this was the perfect year to make my dreams come true, and try this project!! I am so thrilled I did!!!
Thanks for such a wonderful web site!!!!
WELCOME!!
frow.gif

Keep us posted on your project(s). Life is certainly about to change for you, just going to get better and better!! Neat that you are part of a group with your chickies.

Back
Top Bottom