Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

Completely agree, and a third was just hatched which is closer to the top of those two than the bottom. Under the heat plate now, wasn't fully fluffed.
They definitely look to have the partridge trait, so that should help with your patterning.

I know you got your power worked out to run the heat plate. But if you ever need heat again with no power I had excellent luck during a 3 day power outage with <week old chicks using a half gal mason jar full of boiling water, stuffed in a wool sock. With a couple towels draped over it so chicks could get underneath, and a small cardboard box with a door over the whole thing. Also had added some of those tall glass memorial candles to the brooder and a board covering 98% of the top.
It worked. Needed to be refilled every 4-6 hrs but I didnt loose any.

Have another hatching, they were busy while I'm at work. Looks yellow, can't see if it will be partridge or not yet. Even so, I love that I have so many yellow/partridge birds this time around. Tired of hatching tuxedos.

/edit looks like it may be a pale partridge (marking are only dark over the legs/butt)

Last edited:
Have another hatching, they were busy while I'm at work. Looks yellow, can't see if it will be partridge or not yet. Even so, I love that I have so many yellow/partridge birds this time around. Tired of hatching tuxedos.

/edit looks like it may be a pale partridge (marking are only dark over the legs/butt)
Update with more pictures whenever you can?

Bunny done. You can see the one still drying out some. Was a long hatch, he or she is pretty tired.

326254833_923611838819487_5781615095485720310_n.jpg

that was the whole reason I got Pekins, then mine grew so so slow...
No eggs yet this year. I need to dispatch all of them. I'm done with ducks. Eat too much, produce too little - and slowly, at that.
Bought ours, pre-packaged at Aldi's, no raising required. Though we may raise some next year.

Back
Top Bottom