Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

17158593442233872189492913447936.jpg

OK, I've done a head count, looked at the new chicks, looked at the old ducks, taken a quick survey of the male/female ratios.

Setting another batch of chicken eggs this weekend. and hopefully processing four birds - two drakes, two roos.

and @LaurenRitz sorry I missed your comment last evening, I eat them.

There's a pot of bones been cooking down for two days sitting behind me right now. My wife will sort thru this afternoon, strain, then add fresh vegg and more tender meat, we'll eat on it for the next two days, bring a quart or two to a neighbor with an injured shoulder.

The four I hope to take this weekend will get aged in the fridge, then ground for sausage/seasoned meat - too old to do else with them. Use Legg's Snack Stick Seasoning, then press them into patties. Its a peppery facsimile of a beef burger with a hint of mustard background and more flavor than you get from, say, Jenny-O. Pairs well with all the toppings (sourdough buns -- homemade, lettuce, tomato, mayo from my own eggs, pickles (not my own cukes this year), ketchup, sometimes bananna peppers, a funky white cheese like Muenster or Jack), a little heavily seasoned on its own.

Back
Top Bottom