Making the money

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Rusty103, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Rusty103

Rusty103 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2009
    I'm thinking of getting some Quail but I dont know how to sale them and dont tell me I need a License to own them I Know that.

2. FF

FF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Tennessee
    eggs, chicks, started birds, processed some times can rack in the bucks

3. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Quote:do you like quail?

4. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

It is not a really easy way to make money

5. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:I 2nd that!! Of course, I'm small-time, and only been in it for a year. But it's like any other small "business" (if you want to look at it that way instead of it being a "hobby")........you've gotta sink some $$$ in equipment, pens, etc..... just to get started, then comes the feed bill, then maybe head-count loss, and so forth.............. Yeah, I'm not doubting that there's money that "can" be made, but heck, my total qty. so far since I've gotten stated is about 275 or so birds (that's from the first 50 Bobs I bought last June up to now), and not knowing the $$$ bottom line, I do know I'm bad in the red as for what I've got in the past and present birds. BUT.......I love foolin' with those boogers, and when I'm ready for some of them to be a meal, I know where some big coveys are.............and ain't gotta worry about pickin' #8 shot out of them when I bite into one [​IMG].

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  6. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Ha Ha! I guess if you have some good contacts and are a real good salesman but my experience has been that quail don't sell well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by