Malathion to get rid of stick-tight fleas/how to get rid of fleas

Celeste Cannon

Songster
5 Years
Jan 15, 2018
Los Angeles, California
My vet has recommended malathion to get rid of my chickens stick tight fleas. I've tried so so so many methods and they've only gotten worse. I wanted to ask if anyone has used malathion before, and if they had any specific products they recommend. I want something that I can spray around the whole 100 x 200 ft run I have. Please attach any links (if you have any) that can spread the pesticide very far in a short amount of time. Also please let me know how you deal with stick-tight fleas, or if you know of any methods that have worked. This is the most frustrating thing in the world :hit .

Organophosphates like malathion were used more often in the past, and are much more toxic than the permethrin type insecticides, for everyone. Without knowing what you've already done, IMO avoiding widespread use of malathion is best.
Mary

I don't see a date on that report, is it there somewhere?
The listed tolerances are pretty low, especially for eggs (0.1 ppm) and for meat and poultry (4ppm) but that doesn't explain how to use the product to produce levels below those tolerances. I'm sure there are directions somewhere, updated, so that's what's needed.
Remembering those 'good old days', with lindane, malathion, and DDT everywhere, not fondly.
Mary

I have them too, if you got rid of yours could you please tell me what you did so I can do the same thing. I've tried several things and still have a problem. I am just about done with this hole ordeal.

Back
Top Bottom