Male duck picking on one female

Pinguanddibdab

Songster
5 Years
Jun 21, 2018
Hello,
I currently have 4 ducks (1 male, 3 females). Three of them are magpie ducks and the other female Is a Indian runner. After recently rehoming two males due to the male/female ratio causing far too much stress for the girls, my remaining male is chasing the Indian runner girl away from the rest of the flock.

I feel super bad because I rehomed the Indian runner girls friends (the two boys) and it left her alone.

Is there any way that my drake will accept this girl and allow her to hang out with the other girls?

Thank you xx

It may take a while since it sounds like she hasn't been part of the flock.
Your could always try putting the females together and have the drake separated but where they can all see each other then give it a few weeks and start introducing g the females back to the drake Runner first let them be together for a few days then on to the next one.

It may take a while since it sounds like she hasn't been part of the flock.
Your could always try putting the females together and have the drake separated but where they can all see each other then give it a few weeks and start introducing g the females back to the drake Runner first let them be together for a few days then on to the next one.
I will definitely do this. I can't stand seeing her alone!

I thought it could be mating aggression but he is just picking on her

Thank so much xx

Back
Top Bottom