Male jap quail attacking our hands

I let the girls in with him i felt comfortable enough with the health of the girls, he now wont let me near his enclosure he really gets super angry chest bumping the cage (kind of funny)..
He is really protective over the females
He will not let me speak to them or put my hand near them!
He was really gentle with them and i watched the girls bow down to him, so i assume they think hes good looking :lau
But yeah i can put up with his attitude i just wanted to know if he was okay!
View attachment 2620409
I’d pick him up every time he aggressed towards me, teach him the aggression doesn’t scare you away, it makes you single him out.

I let the girls in with him i felt comfortable enough with the health of the girls, he now wont let me near his enclosure he really gets super angry chest bumping the cage (kind of funny)..
He is really protective over the females
He will not let me speak to them or put my hand near them!
He was really gentle with them and i watched the girls bow down to him, so i assume they think hes good looking :lau
But yeah i can put up with his attitude i just wanted to know if he was okay!
View attachment 2620409
Anyone else male quail do the karate kid crane kick when they really made ?

Their aim is terrible, usually they kick the air, land poorly, get up and run, then talk smack from far away on top of a cinder block.
Anubis likes to get a lock or peck in (by lock i mean a grab) first then quickly raise his wings and jump kicks karate kid style

I chase him then he tries to follow and act like he chased me away then i chase him again so he runs under the bed XD

Back
Top Bottom