Male or female polish?

10AcreChick

Songster
7 Years
Sep 6, 2015
Central Missouri
I got 6 silver laces polish and 3 golden laces polish from the hatchery. Unfortunately, they would only sell straight run. Here is a pic of one of the silver laced at 7 weeks today. From what I've been able to find about sexing Polish on here, I'm afraid it is a boy, since the Crest is bigger and more punk-rockerish. The reason I'm afraid is because 8 of my 9 chicks look like this! Only one has a shorter, more slicked back Crest letting me see it's eyes!
20180607_175842.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-20_16-7-26.png
    upload_2017-11-20_16-7-26.png
    11 KB · Views: 4
The laced varieties have a wilder looking crest than the white crested, so don't get too worried too early. Look for earlier comb development that gets red. Polish can take a bit longer, but eventually you should be able to see the difference in the sexes.

I have A golden like that, "chief crazy feathers' He's going on 9 weeks and just started to cock adoodle...er..um.., I have a silver one also close to 9 weeks that is starting to make those strange sounds.
In a 7 bird straight run of polish I think 3 in total are cockerel. but the feathers definatly look like that, as you say punk rockish, the pullets are all very neat and evenly shaped.

Back
Top Bottom