Male or female

Can't figure out if they are male or female. The bigger one also picks on the smaller one. The noise I can't tell because actually don't make much which is weird.

Size is no guarantee of anything. Not size of wattles or anything else. Most common in males, yes. But not a sure indicator. Wait for the buckwheat.

Have never heard of anybody - ever - with a male that makes the buckwheat sound. Call Guiness Records, gguineasfamily. Ya either have a record, or you're mistaken.

Sadly a couple days ago one of them passed I actually think there about 4 or 5 months when got them we didn't know the age they didn't pick on each other at all

And these two stay together at all time and the big one runs off the small one

That's the smaller one

And these two stay together at all time and the big one runs off the small one

That's the smaller one

Can't figure out if they are male or female. The bigger one also picks on the smaller one. The noise I can't tell because actually don't make much which is weird.

The smaller one really looks like a girl and the bigger one really looks like a male to me. But I could be wrong. The reason why they don't make much noise is they usually make noise to call for each other. If these two only have each other and they hang out together all the time they have no one to call for so they are quiet. Sometimes a male will pick on his wife but they still love each other the same.

How old are they? Do you get any eggs? Is it winter or summer where you are?

Size is no guarantee of anything. Not size of wattles or anything else. Most common in males, yes. But not a sure indicator. Wait for the buckwheat.

Have never heard of anybody - ever - with a male that makes the buckwheat sound. Call Guiness Records, gguineasfamily. Ya either have a record, or you're mistaken.

It's been 3 years and summer is definitely a boy. :)

Back
Top Bottom