male or female

donkeydew2farms

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 12, 2014
this goose adopted me I think it may be a girl I don't know much about Chinese geese.she has bonded with a duck that wants to stay. they were my neighbors . I gave him some ducks months ago and they all came back I think they missed there peas.my geese Americans want nothing to do with her or him. what do you think he or she.

this goose adopted me I think it may be a girl I don't know much about Chinese geese.she has bonded with a duck that wants to stay. they were my neighbors . I gave him some ducks months ago and they all came back I think they missed there peas.my geese Americans want nothing to do with her or him. what do you think he or she.
@jchny2000 probably would know. Sure is pretty and it has a duck as a pet. Cute

Quote: @donkeydew2farms Looks like a hatchery African judging by the body type. Is its voice high pitched like an oyyy oyyy sound, or low pitched hummm mmm or when calling out to the duck a "cankle cankle" sound? Voices help a lot determining gender. The high tail and long neck has me leaning more towards gander. How is the demeanor?
Here is my fella at a year old, same breed

Both of the boys

thanks jchny2000 I think you are right. I think it is a male he acts like my American males. he is very loud and noisy also struts and very protective of his buddies. bye the way you have some nice geese were did you get them. I am not sure if I am going to keep him he does not get along with my geese. right now it is not a problem but it maybe during breeding season. I will have to see.

thanks jchny2000 I think you are right. I think it is a male he acts like my American males. he is very loud and noisy also struts and very protective of his buddies. bye the way you have some nice geese were did you get them. I am not sure if I am going to keep him he does not get along with my geese. right now it is not a problem but it maybe during breeding season. I will have to see.
Thank you! My white Chinese were from a private breeder. The Africans were from Meyer hatchery. They were very healthy and shipped from CA to IN in 2 days. I wound up with 4 boys, so the fella pictured we kept. All my extra geese to to live on my Veterinarians farm, so I never have to worry about rehoming. He has a large organic poultry farm, and the geese aid in preventing hawk and owl problems. They are protected by poultry netting so ground predators are a non issue. Its pretty awesome to visit and see my 3 year olds still there, in a large pasture with a pond and plenty of forage. Hope your new fella works out, if not finds a good home.

Back
Top Bottom