Male or Female?

sophie94

In the Brooder
May 17, 2017
I've posted on here about my 2 Silkies before... i was told by the man I bought them off that they were definitely 2 girls but recently some people have said Sadie - the bigger one - looks like a Roo. As I've never had chickens before I'm not sure what to look for so I'm just wondering if anyone on here has any advice? Sadie is the one on the left in the picture of both girls and that's her also in the individual pic.
Any help will be greatly appreciated ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_2548.JPG
    IMG_2548.JPG
    265.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2554.JPG
    IMG_2554.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 9
How old are they? I see nothing rooish, but side standing shots would help. I think you just may need to wait a bit longer.

How old are they? I see nothing rooish, but side standing shots would help. I think you just may need to wait a bit longer.
They're around 6 months old... I did ask the man if they were definitely girls and he said they were so I never really doubted it but recently people have made comment and it's made me think I'll try to get some side standing shots - if they can keep still for long enough lol

They're around 6 months old... I did ask the man if they were definitely girls and he said they were so I never really doubted it but recently people have made comment and it's made me think I'll try to get some side standing shots - if they can keep still for long enough lol
If they are 6 months old than they are pullets.

Sorry I can't help in that department, I'm questioning my 4 turkeys... lol. Your birds are cute tho!
I've never had chickens before so I'm literally hopeless I wouldn't mind if she was a boy - though she would need a different name Thanks ☺️ They're funny little birdies... I could watch them run around their coop all day lol

Back
Top Bottom