Male or Female??

coopa11083

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2018
Houma, Louisiana
Here’s some updated pics of my babies! I’d like to get some updated guesses of gender please! All are bantams. I know it’s still pretty early to tell for the silkies, but any ideas would be appreciated!
Prissy-8 week old Silkie
CE0A500C-DF38-49DD-BBCA-3DA9EE9A8573.jpeg

Sissy-7 week old Silkie
323C23E2-7848-4A62-9F08-B2267AC96D81.jpeg

Elliot-6 week old Light Brahma
CB7FA1F3-EEB2-42EC-8B0D-4F7649D521A7.jpeg

Pete-6 week old Dark Brahma
E1787BF2-6280-4332-A316-7FCC5D21A6F3.jpeg

Izzy-6 week old Silver Sebright
E0931F4F-F1E1-4014-ABE3-8DE5F9F07C7E.jpeg

Too soon to tell for most of them. The only ones that I'm certain of are the Dark Brahma and the Sebright. The Sebright is a cockerel, considering how red that comb is already. The Dark Brahma is a pullet. Males get solid black chest feathers. Females get the penciling through the chest, just like your little one.

Too soon to tell for most of them. The only ones that I'm certain of are the Dark Brahma and the Sebright. The Sebright is a cockerel, considering how red that comb is already. The Dark Brahma is a pullet. Males get solid black chest feathers. Females get the penciling through the chest, just like your little one.
Thank you!

I don't know anything about silkies, so I'm not going to address them.
The light Brahma is probably a cockerel. When mine were that age there was no red and no wattle growth at all.
The dark I'm unsure about, but leaning towards male. The feathers over the back haven't fully come in yet, but this is my dark pullet at 10 weeks, and there's absolutely no wattle growth.
Finally, that seabrite is a cockerel as well.
Capture.JPG
IMG_0299.JPG

I don't know anything about silkies, so I'm not going to address them.
The light Brahma is probably a cockerel. When mine were that age there was no red and no wattle growth at all.
The dark I'm unsure about, but leaning towards male. The feathers over the back haven't fully come in yet, but this is my dark pullet at 10 weeks, and there's absolutely no wattle growth.
Finally, that seabrite is a cockerel as well.
View attachment 1346378 View attachment 1346379
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom