Male or female

nickit1987

In the Brooder
Dec 15, 2023
Hi there, I have a polish chicken, around 7 months old, neither laying nor crowing. Thought she was a pullet but the comb and wattle are getting very big so just wanted to check with those more expert than I. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 20240212_111123.jpg
    20240212_111123.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 33
Not Polish.
Could be a Frost White Legbar. Also I can tell is a pullet close to laying.
Thank you so much, having googled pictures she looks exactly like this. I think that is why I was confused because I was told she was a polish when we were given her but the big comb didn't seem quite right for a polish pullet from the pictures I saw, though I know it varies from chicken to chicken. This is really helpful though, and I'm now looking forward to the very pretty eggs it looks like legbars lay!

Thank you all, I'm feeling much reassured now that she is a girl. The big comb confused me but now that it's been suggested she is a legbar rather than polish it makes more sense. Thanks for your comments, they are much appreciated

Thank you so much, having googled pictures she looks exactly like this. I think that is why I was confused because I was told she was a polish when we were given her but the big comb didn't seem quite right for a polish pullet from the pictures I saw, though I know it varies from chicken to chicken. This is really helpful though, and I'm now looking forward to the very pretty eggs it looks like legbars lay!
You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom