Male or female??

to me those look like roos....Their waddles are too big!

Maybe if you post some pics of your hens, we can compare. Some hens have large combs, but these look like the same breed one of my adult laying hens is, only yours seem WAY more roo like.

27552_peep1.jpg

Last edited:
Rehome the crowing one and see if the other oen beings to lay or weather it crows too, then one male for 2 hens isnt bad...then later if you ad to your flock, make sure you get sexed chicks if you can!

Last edited:
They are RI Reds. I will post some pics of them with the others tomorrow. The other two are a good deal smaller with flopped over combs and smaller wattles.
So, shouldn't the others be laying by now?

At 3 months of age, someone who had been raising chickens for 20 years should be able to tell the difference between pullets and cockerels.

But, I found my self on here asking questions about some BR pullets that I bought. They are 3 months old now, actually a little over 3 months old. So, I shouldn't be too judgemental about someone else.....

duc.gif

I suspect I got taken. The moment I admitted that I am a first time chicken "farmer" he wanted to sell me all sorts of things.
Oh well. Live and learn?

Back
Top Bottom