male with no hens

calcifer

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 29, 2015
Hi will males fight if there are no femals? For example if i end up with 12 mqles over the next two hatchs can i put them all in a batchiler pen far away fom my femailes with no fighting.

Hi will males fight if there are no femals? For example if i end up with 12 mqles over the next two hatchs can i put them all in a batchiler pen far away fom my femailes with no fighting.

Fighting will not be a problem till they are close to breeding age..... figure 7-8 weeks.... They will do fine as you describe. they fight even less in the freezer.... ;-)

They won't fight together but they will still try and mate with one another which can lead to injuries (especially scalping ones). As long as they have enough space they should be fine, just a bit bald during the breeding season. I have three sets of males pairs in separate cages all next to each other and am hoping to put them into a larger cage together at some point.

Fat daddy you can't eat them all!
Well not at once?

No coturnix crow can go unanswered. One crows and the others cant be out done..... After a couple weeks, it will drill a little hole right behind your eye..... They are easier to train to "stay" and "be quiet" once you put them in the freezer..... You'll see what I mean... ;-)

Fat daddy you can't eat them all!
Well not at once?
They're pretty small birds, I could probably give it a good shot
droolin.gif

I think I can smell the BBQ today all the way down here!! Ha!

Wrap'em in bacon. Shake or two of some good dry rub. Spank'em on the grill..... Good stuff Maynard.... Give'em a try Magic Pigeon, one bout a fat man..... Its a safe bet he can cook!

Back
Top Bottom