Mallard ducklings question

Pics
I can do that... the hen comes at me and bites me every time I get close to the chicks.. I think I probably can grab two and bring them in the house tomorrow and takes some pics...will that work? Were you thinking of just the yellow or both colors?
I think both colors would be good. You might also want to do weekly pictures of both colors for educational purposes. The folks in the peafowl forum try to do it for peafowl:
http://peafowlimagedatabase.weebly.com/peachick-images.html

I could not believe that all her eggs hatched...the barn temps were getting up to 114 degrees in the afternoon. She was in a secure place away from all animals and had plenty of food and clean water every day.. even though she fanned her tail and hissed at me every time I changed the water LOL

Not at all... :D

Actually was wondering if you might have oversized Call ducks as Calls hatch 24-26 days and Mallards *should be* 28... high temps in your area could have started development early and pushed up the hatch time...

Yes that would be great. I am waiting until they get a little bigger to put in another enclosed area with bird netting on top and chicken wire around the bottom so none can get out. I can get in that pen much much easier.

Send me a note to remind me?

I think both colors would be good. You might also want to do weekly pictures of both colors for educational purposes. The folks in the peafowl forum try to do it for peafowl:
http://peafowlimagedatabase.weebly.com/peachick-images.html

Holy moly,those peachicks look a lot like hatched guinea fowl...

Yes that would be great. I am waiting until they get a little bigger to put in another enclosed area with bird netting on top and chicken wire around the bottom so none can get out. I can get in that pen much much easier.

Send me a note to remind me?

Some just don't handle the hormone rushes as well as others, lol... just be careful he doesn't breed your chickens...

But they're cute! And I do agree... unless one doesn't have ethics... someone near me was always selling Swede/Muscovy crosses, but never mentioned they were mules... :(

wanted to upload a video but it says too large :-(

Some just don't handle the hormone rushes as well as others, lol... just be careful he doesn't breed your chickens...

But they're cute! And I do agree... unless one doesn't have ethics... someone near me was always selling Swede/Muscovy crosses, but never mentioned they were mules... :(

Back
Top Bottom