Mallard ducks or Call ducks?

Jenessa_096

Crowing
Jul 14, 2021
Molalla, Oregon
So I’ve been trying to find some call ducks for myself for a couple months and there’s just not much breeders or hatcheries around here in the Pacific Northwest. If there is they’re being shipped and it’s pretty expensive. So I’ve resorted to looking on craigslist. I found this post that says call ducks and Muskovy ducks. I messaged them and asked them if they have any call ducks. They said yes the price is on the post, I told them I couldn’t find it and they highlighted the mallard ducks. What are mallard ducks and are they similar/the same as call ducks?

Attachments

• 58C6FD48-3B31-439C-9DC8-C2C98ABB8387.png
    58C6FD48-3B31-439C-9DC8-C2C98ABB8387.png
    412.9 KB · Views: 90
The adis written in a confusing w
So I’ve been trying to find some call ducks for myself for a couple months and there’s just not much breeders or hatcheries around here in the Pacific Northwest. If there is they’re being shipped and it’s pretty expensive. So I’ve resorted to looking on craigslist. I found this post that says call ducks and Muskovy ducks. I messaged them and asked them if they have any call ducks. They said yes the price is on the post, I told them I couldn’t find it and they highlighted the mallard ducks. What are mallard ducks and are they similar/the same as call ducks?
The ad is written in a confusing way and it does seem they are offering Mallard ducks for sale. Mallards and Call ducks are not the same. Gray Call ducks have the mallard coloration and look like tiny Mallards. Call ducks are a bantam breed maturing at 1 to 2 pounds. Mallards are much bigger. Call ducks come in different colors, Mallards do not. Call ducks are quite compact and have a short bill. Good quality Call ducks are usually higher priced than Mallards. True Mallards are not a domesticated breed while Call ducks are. Some people call domestic Rouen ducks Mallard and there are Mallard crosses available; I have some of those and they look like bulky Mallards. I also have many Call ducks.

The adis written in a confusing w

The ad is written in a confusing way and it does seem they are offering Mallard ducks for sale. Mallards and Call ducks are not the same. Gray Call ducks have the mallard coloration and look like tiny Mallards. Call ducks are a bantam breed maturing at 1 to 2 pounds. Mallards are much bigger. Call ducks come in different colors, Mallards do not. Call ducks are quite compact and have a short bill. Good quality Call ducks are usually higher priced than Mallards. True Mallards are not a domesticated breed while Call ducks are. Some people call domestic Rouen ducks Mallard and there are Mallard crosses available; I have some of those and they look like bulky Mallards. I also have many Call ducks.
Okay lol!

In the ad they are advertising Mallards. They put "call ducks" in the bottom to be used as a tag. That way anyone searching for Calls would find their ad. More traffic.

Are You Still Looking For Call Ducks?

Back
Top Bottom