MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Pics
Hey everyone me and Ducky are new here and I wanted to introduce ourselves. These are pictures from when we first rescued her(him?) which was almost three weeks ago!

Sticking her tongue out at cha

Oh she grows so fast, these pictures were from our trip to the park yesterday (19 days old)

Arthurkr222!! AWWWWWWW!! Look at that baby!! SO sweet! Reminds me of Peepers. I love the ones of Ducky sitting on your feet with your legs stretched out and the one with him/her standing on your hand! ...I miss the days when my Peepers was little (already!). Peepers is 4 weeks old now. What a difference 4 weeks makes in the life of a duck!

Last edited:
SO ADORABLE!!!!!
I miss having mine that size.. Now they're "too cool" for me..
I got the little ones so Moby wouldnt be lonely, only now, they ONLY love Moby! I get so jealous.. At least my dear sweet Moby lets me pick him up with out having to chase him around. The littles didn't get much one on one time with me since I got them during finals, plus now they're down in a nice fancy caged in run that they love... so mommy time is boring compared.. :(

SO ADORABLE!!!!!
I miss having mine that size.. Now they're "too cool" for me..
I got the little ones so Moby wouldnt be lonely, only now, they ONLY love Moby! I get so jealous.. At least my dear sweet Moby lets me pick him up with out having to chase him around. The littles didn't get much one on one time with me since I got them during finals, plus now they're down in a nice fancy caged in run that they love... so mommy time is boring compared.. :(
I have similar woes. I got my 2 Swedes to keep my Peepers company. Now, Peepers - like the Swedes - doesn't want anything to do with Mama Duck.
sad.png
WAHHH!!! I miss my Peepers' attention! Plus, now mine are all outside in their own fancy caged run and that, too, is more fun and being with Mama. *sniff*

Awwwwww! Siiiigh... For my babies to be at that age again... Now they all think I'm the devil and if they're outside, HA! I have better luck petting the honey bees in our bushes than trying to pick up these guys. Inside, Pyrrhos(my Mallard) loves to snuggle with me. But outdoors? Forget it! Haha.

This is a question for other experienced Mallard owners: What age should I clip her wings? The first time, I'm going to take her to a vet and be shown how to do it, but I'd like to do it BEFORE she realizes she can fly. My neighbors have three dogs, and I'd really rather not risk anything.

Awwwwww! Siiiigh... For my babies to be at that age again... Now they all think I'm the devil and if they're outside, HA! I have better luck petting the honey bees in our bushes than trying to pick up these guys. Inside, Pyrrhos(my Mallard) loves to snuggle with me. But outdoors? Forget it! Haha.

This is a question for other experienced Mallard owners: What age should I clip her wings? The first time, I'm going to take her to a vet and be shown how to do it, but I'd like to do it BEFORE she realizes she can fly. My neighbors have three dogs, and I'd really rather not risk anything.

I clipped their wings at10 weeks. It's REALLY easy :) I just watched a few youtube videos to see how it was done. But at 10 weeks is whne they flew the fence so might want to do it a bit early

She's six weeks and one day.

Here are some more pictures. Look at that lovely blue wing! (I can't remember what that strip is called.)

I think her bill is turning yellow, but it also looks pretty orange. I'm not totally sure.

This last one is one of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom