MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Pics
All I can say, having handled thousands of mallards is that the duck in that pic is a drake....I have no doubts about it.

Clint

Pictures cant always do justice, When side by side hens are always slightly smaller and a drake in molt will have a wider black band on top of his head, with females having a narrow one.

My 2 mallard boys will ship out on Wednesday! I'm so excited to get them. They will never leave my lap, haha! I can't wait to love them. I have a pen set up for them as babies and they will have as much interaction and cuddling as possible. Then when they are old enough to start training we will already have a relationship. I'm also going to build the a big enclosure in the spring so they can fly around.

ya go ahead! We all like pictures!
wink.png
wink.png

FOR SURE!

I would love to see some more pictures of everyone with their mallards. Especially pictures that show how big they are compared to people and other animals. I'm still figuring out how big they will be. I'm gonna have my hands full when they get here, being a duck "mama" and all. Do your mallards get along with your chickens? Favorite treats? Are yours mallards friendly? Do you're males fight with each other. Feel free to give me a run down of mallards as pets.

Back
Top Bottom