MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

my little mallard
I love that tiny lil one
smile.png

Well given that ... I looked up the msg from the previous owner and he told me it was a mallard ... I swapped a Plymouth rock rooster for him !!!

well the owner lied they do that u know he is honestly not unless he can reach full flight by himself that means like to the sky and for miles and miles if he can do that hes a mallard

but from looking at him physically he looks to big and not the right coloring to be a mallard

sorry that u traded such a nice bird for him thiugh

( u might want to have him genetically tested by either a vet that really really knows little details or a geneticist who specilizes in duck variation)

Last edited:
I feel like a goose for thinking he is a mallard ... don't think it's worth having him tested but I definitely want to find out what breed he is now
thanks for your help

im sorry it didnt work out but your babies are really cute

and sorry if i got kind of mean back there, ive been lied too about mallards before so i always get kind of mean when someone claims a different breed as a mallard
hmm.png

Dont know why people lie about mallards, what does it benefit? I have been lied to a few times about mallards. Some being rouens, some being mallard/call crosses. Speaking of, Buff, do you know anyone breeding snowy and white calls?

Back
Top Bottom