MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

mallards can have a number of lines on them occasionally ive had some mallards with 2 stripes and some even with 3. its still probably a mallard if it was a rouen it would be towering over them.

Good deal! That is what I was hoping. I guess I will be able to tell for sure in a few weeks if I remember I will check back in and let you know.

Can anyone tell if this one duckling with 2 stripes is a mallard or a rouen? The other four have the single eye line with the extra black speck but on one has 2 lines. Supposed to be all mallards which "supposedly" came from the same hen. They all hatched together and are a week and three days old now. They all seem to be about the same size.
I am not an expert, but they look bigger than my Mallards did at that age.

-Kathy

Can anyone tell if this one duckling with 2 stripes is a mallard or a rouen? The other four have the single eye line with the extra black speck but on one has 2 lines. Supposed to be all mallards which "supposedly" came from the same hen. They all hatched together and are a week and three days old now. They all seem to be about the same size.
Domestic mallards always have one or two eye stripes. Rouen ducks always have two eye stripes. Looks like 3 of the ducklings have only 1 eye stripe, so i'd be pretty sure they are mallards. The one duckling with 2 eye stripes, he looks a little bigger than the other 3, maybe he's got some rouen in him.

Took this a few days ago so they are like 6 weeks old in it. Still don't know if they are males or females. I thought 1 male because its beak is yellowish. But one of the others seems to have a white ring forming around its neck so I don't know if that is a male trait or not. Only one is quacking right now the others still peeping. So yeah, I have no clue but will post a new picture this I will take tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom