MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

hey guys can anyone help me. so this spring I decided to get mallard ducks like I usually do, but i wanted to do something different and i thought it would be a good idea to get them in pairs, like male and female, so I got 3 males and 3 females. BAD idea. so when the ducks where older and fully feathered and could fly, the lead female duck went missing and still has not reterned
sad.png
then it all went down hill from there because right now i have 3 MALES and 2 FEMALES not good. now the ducks are getting frisky and mating every hour. and one sweet little male duck (Acorn) is being bullied by the other male duck and he won't even let acorn be in the pool with them. SO maybe i should just get to the point and say that I REALLY need another female duck, i think it would calm them down. because I'm NOT gonna to kill a duck or send him away, so if ANYONE had a female mallard duck they can ship or knows where else i can get one PLEASE let me know. i can take great care of her i have a huge property with a huge pond and she would fit in great. thank you.

Last edited:
Very beautiful birds fluffers!

Quick update on me ( pics will be up later )

All
The mallards are doing great, planning on finally rebuilding another aviary for the mallards since when I got the call ducks last year I had to give them the mallards aviary and then clip the mallards wings and let them free range during the day.

Other than that all of the babies are in final molt and one of the black babies is a boy which is a first since for many years I thought that I was only going to have female black mallards.

Here is a picture of all the siblings together all 5 years of offspring all in one place:) (pics below :) )
Finally the last topic, which is diet. I am having more trouble with Planning their diet this winter so that the ducks can still stay more lean( since I clipped their wings they cannot fly to burn off as many calories ) the summer diet was great and Kept the birds rather lean but now with winter on its way their normal diet from last year is just too much for them to have and still be able to stay lean.

Sorry for no pics will post them asap!

Last edited:
Very beautiful birds fluffers!

Quick update on me ( pics will be up later )

All
The mallards are doing great, planning on finally rebuilding another aviary for the mallards since when I got the call ducks last year I had to give them the mallards aviary and then clip the mallards wings and let them free range during the day.

Other than that all of the babies are in final molt and one of the black babies is a boy which is a first since for many years I thought that I was only going to have female black mallards.

Finally the last topic, which is diet. I am having more trouble with Planning their diet this winter so that the ducks can still stay more lean( since I clipped their wings they cannot fly to burn off as many calories ) the summer diet was great and Kept the birds rather lean but now with winter on its way their normal diet from last year is just too much for them to have and still be able to stay lean.

Sorry for no pics will post them asap!
thanks! no hurry for pics, but will be glad to see them!

hey guys can anyone help me. so this spring I decided to get mallard ducks like I usually do, but i wanted to do something different and i thought it would be a good idea to get them in pairs, like male and female, so I got 3 males and 3 females. BAD idea. so when the ducks where older and fully feathered and could fly, the lead female duck went missing and still has not reterned 
sad.png
 then it all went down hill from there because right now i have 3 MALES and 2 FEMALES not good. now the ducks are getting frisky and mating every hour. and one sweet little male duck (Acorn) is being bullied by the other male duck and he won't even let acorn be in the pool with them. SO maybe i should just get to the point and say that I REALLY need another female duck, i think it would calm them down. because I'm NOT gonna to kill a duck or send him away, so if ANYONE had a female mallard duck they can ship or knows where else i can get one PLEASE let me know. i can take great care of her i have a huge property with a huge pond and she would fit in great. thank you.

I had the same problem but I love my ducks and wasn't going to kill or give any away. I separated mine. And they are much happier. It's totally up to you. They want quit being mean to the one. I took the one that was getting picked on and put him and a female by theirselves. You could try it. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom