Mama Duck Not Eating

She's not sitting on eggs now because she stopped laying and wouldn't leave the duck house to sit on her sister's eggs.

She's not laying. Hasn't been for about a week now. I checked her yesterday for blockage and she pooped on me so I assume there isn't one.
They won’t lay after they have laid the clutch they want. If you take the clutch, she won’t lay more eggs.

I wouldn’t put eggs In There sounds like she’s accepted them. I have a Muscovy who hatched Runners a couple weeks ago and she eats their food it’s actually good for them after being broody.

Thank you all for your advice!

Unfortunately, we lost our little Mama, Marigold, overnight. She had been acting very strange yesterday. She still wouldn't eat but had become extremely docile. I brought her inside, which would have usually resulted in quacking loudly and running in panic from the dogs, but she sat right in the middle of the living room and didn't care about the dogs. She seemed out of it. I took the babies and put them in a brooder because I didn't want to stress a sick duck with ducklings.

I have no idea what happened to make her sick, and it was rather sudden. I'm heartbroken today. :(

Back
Top Bottom