Mama heating pad

I am hoping I got the right one
fl.gif

I ordered the same one as pictured above and it said it has a continuous on feature. I guess I'll see when it arrives!

I just went on Amazon to order the heating pad and I was reading the reviews to make sure it didn't turn off and look at the first one! I about busted a gut laughing!
1f602.png

Thanks for the pictures. I made one very similar to yours and suspended the heating pad underneath the frame with paracord. I then encased it all in a pillow case. That way it is soft on the underside for them to push up against. I also used paracord to suspend it above the ground and draped a towel over it so the front and two sides are open. I was planning on using this setup until my Premier heat plate arrived from Amazon but it works so well I am going to leave it and use the heat plate as a backup. 20 week old chicks under it with lots of room to spare. I got the king sized Sunbeam heating pad at Walmart.($40.00 CDN$)

Looks like I'm gonna have to give away/sell some chicks or build a larger brooder. No way 10 chicks are gonna fit in there after a week or two. Water will come later today (no chicks yet), after I figure a way to hang the bottle(s).

Is the coop done?

Back
Top Bottom