Mama Hen Badly Hurt

Can you use some plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment on her wounds after spraying the Vetricyn twice a day. The skin may heal better if it is kept moist with the ointment. Current pictures are welcome. Glad that she is alive and doing okay.
This is her wounds as of this morning. I’ve been spraying the vetricyn 2-3 times per day. She seems to be on the mend. She can’t fully walk yet. Not sure if it’s bc she’s missing her feathers or if her leg is injured. It’s like something grabbed her and tried to pull her up or away ☹️

@MelaniaD12 my hens feather did grow back.. I didn't think they would, but they are different. Very soft downy feathers. I am not sure what got ahold of her, but it was small with fingers. I am thinking a weasel or young raccoon. I know when thiss happened I found another hen (same enclosure/same age) that had a broken neck and no injuries. I think they were so frantic she ran into the wall or tried to jump out and hit the ceiling. You can trim your roosters spurs, but I would grab him at night and cover his head to keep him calm. What happened to my hen was not my rooster.. something grabbed her and pulled.

Back
Top Bottom