Mama turkey went broody on empty nest and what to do after she hatches successfully

desstheblessed

In the Brooder
Jul 4, 2022
I have a good mama turkey hen, I made sure to collect her eggs daily in hopes of stretching her laying. After laying 14 eggs, she went broody anyways even though her nest was empty. Am i doing something wrong? i've heard of peoples hens laying 100 eggs per season.
Then I already had some of her eggs incubating, so here she was with an empty nest just sitting, so i gave her, her 3 extra eggs that didn't fit in the incubator along with a dozen duck eggs. Not sure what the results could be if anyone has tried this any input would be great!

& Every year she normally hatches her eggs successfully, the problem is when they hatch she takes them away from the coop and everyone gets killed one by one, day by day, by i don't know what. Is she suppose to stay captive, for her poults safety? if so at what point can they go pasture?

I don’t exactly have a gen pop, it’s just her and the Tom. They have a whole fenced pasture. Should I still lock her and babies up for the 2 weeks?

Back
Top Bottom