Man mailed 15 chicks to ex-girlfriend

We have a story here about 4 people without one lick of common sense.

The sender for sending chicks to someone as revenge for being dumped. He had a note attached to the chicks so I doubt they came in a hatchery box.

The receiver of the chicks for not caring enough for the life of the chicks and to treat them like garbage...

The animal rescue worker for making a blanket statement about mailing chicks, when she has no idea about how safe it is. (the perfect PETA person, IMHO)

The news stations for treating this as a cute human interest story and not presenting the facts on shipping chicks so people could make a truly informed decision. ( of course show me one reporter who wants us to make truly informed decisions, they all appear to want the masses to use their hearts instead of their brains....)

The person who deserves KUDOS is the postal worker. At least they tried to do the right thing.

I join those that worry about events like this. We have so many laws that make no sense because of things like this were one person takes up a cause and rams it through on emotion. As owners of livestock we area minority in the country. The vast majority have never interacted with a chicken or chick. I am afraid they will simply read or hear about this and say " gee that's horrible, why should people be allowed to mail cute little animals"...." I would not want my cute (cat, dog, hamster, snake, goldfish or insert any animal you want here) to be sent in the mail , have you seen how beat up some packages get?"

It is a sad story, unfortunately too many people will think they are fully informed on the evils of sending chickens of any age through the mail by this 30 second story....

This is all just my opinion and I did not mean and hope I did not offend anyone. ( Dear BYC staff I tried hard not to offend anyone and still express my opinion)

just because a news station says it doesn't mean its right. if they make it illegal to send live animals USPS businesses like mypetchicken.com would be out of business plus other hatcheries. this is a demostic issue not a postal issue. like others said its legal and the post office has strict guidelines on sending live animals.
I don't think any of you should really be calling the guy or girl jerks because its doubtful you all know the Entire story. it always easy to put your nose in the air and say your better than others when your part of a group. harder to investigate and understand the motives. I'm sure each action by both party was provoked.I
First of all, I didn't say the news station was right, just that they expressed that opinion. This is a common opinion among those who don't have poultry. I didn't say I shared that opinion.

Also, anyone who sends live animals to "spite" someone and someone who threatens to throw living, feeling creatures in the trash like they were meaningless are definitely 100% jerks all the way. I don't care what the circumstances are. You don't take out your frustrations on animals and children no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom