Managing flock in Collapsing Economy: Bye Bye Birdies.

I understand where your coming from, BUT there is no reason to worry about what you can not change. No one knows what will happen in the future. God will see us through it. I had chickens dropped off at my house over 20 years ago, having 3 children at the time I could not afford to feed them so I locked them up in the shed feed them our leftovers for 3 days. After 3 days I left them out and they ate off the land I only gave them water. They went broody and the next thing you know I had 20 to 30 chickens. They will be fine and so will we. Keep your chin up
thumbsup.gif

In the last huge economy drop (Great Depression), it was common to own chickens because you could sell their eggs. Even if nobody can afford feed, the chickens can still eat table scraps, grass, and bugs. They may not lay as many eggs, but owning chickens actually can gain you money. And if there are any roosters, you can eat them or sell their meat.

Also, in the Great Depression, neighbors sometimes took care of each other. They won't steal the chickens.

Last edited:
Quote:
i concur!!!!!!!!!!!

x2

Already got my guns, my ammo, my seeds, my chickens and my bees and a little bit of land and most importantly- some like minded friends!

wink.png

Quote:
i concur!!!!!!!!!!!

x2

Already got my guns, my ammo, my seeds, my chickens and my bees and a little bit of land and most importantly- some like minded friends!

wink.png

x3!

Well if things are going to H3ll in handbasket I like to think that my chickens could at least afford me and my family some food security, Meat, egg's and possibly some income if it comes to that. I know that back in the day when things were tough everybody had chickens, it was just the way it was and not a bad way at that !!!!.

AL

Quote:
x2

wink.png

x3!

X4

(but no bees, God will have to provide those from the woods behind me. He seems to have done all right so far)

I have my chickens, some land, endless water supply, and most importantly GUNS. I am not too worried. I will be better off than most, because I saw what was coming and prepared. We have lots of seeds and stored food, I recommend everyone doing the same. It does not hurt to be too prepared.

I'm keeping my birds no matter what. (if the evil possums don't get them)
BTW, whoever kills one of my birds owes me 30 baby chicks.
(1 standard size hen = 30 chicks, 15 bantams, or 50 quail chicks)
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

My goodness, the OP is rather depressing! Cheer up! here is dancing bunny to help:
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom