Mandarin Duck Color Morphs

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by tonini3059, Nov 6, 2010.

1. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    I was wondering about the different color morphs of mandarin ducks. I heard of whites, white-throat, blacks and apricots, with the whites being the most commonly available. Now are the blacks and apricots here in the states or are they just available across the pond. Also are there any other color morphs that I am unaware of?

2. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    normal, white, and white throat is all we have. Never once seen or heard of blacks, heard people refer to apricots, but think they have them mixed up with woodies as I have never sen a pic of any apricot mandarins either.
    Would love to see some pics of either though

3. tonini3059

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  4. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    link's not working

5. tonini3059

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    Try it now.

6. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    I just did it the old fashioned way, found it, boy those are hidious, the blacks .
    Apricots look just like the wood ducks.
    I still prefer the old normals and whites to all of those. Now if some one would just make a silver like the wood ducks, that would be something to see!

7. tonini3059

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    I know, the black are not anything great but I do like the apricots, but I would not mind having any of them just for the novelty of it. I agree with you completely though, if they could only make a silver mandarin, that would be amazing.

8. kangababy

kangababy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Alabama
    I have only heard of the Normal, White, Black and white throated Until now.. I had to google it too..
    The Apricot yuck and the black double that.. I was expecting a black and white looking mandarin...

I will stick with the Regulares are White ones! Now let us see.. Silver... That would be great!! I love my silver woodies!

9. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    ditto Kangababy

10. linda_zeagler31002

linda_zeagler31002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Adrian, Georgia
    I didn't realize the Apricot had made it to the states, I was reading a article that for what ever reason, (CRC) they wouldn't come to the US, but WoW!! Wait, am I lost, LOL, I went to Acorn Hollow link posted, but I don't see any black ones, or pictures that they have these colors, and I read the same article on not allowed in US because of importation restrictions, hhhmmm, is there a photo gallory or photo bucket or something I am not seeing that you guys are??

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by