Mandarin Duck Eggs — Did I Get Scammed?

That's a good reminder to proofread before posting, since the color of the eggs is the main reason for thinking they are the wrong kind.
To be fair it was within the messages they screenshot above - not in the feedback. It is good to proofread. It's just that sometimes in the moment you just hit the send button.

To be fair it was within the messages they screenshot above - not in the feedback. It is good to proofread. It's just that sometimes in the moment you just hit the send button.
Yeah, I definitely should have proofread. I was really stressed out so I mixed up the colors when typing. :th
I did send her a message immediately after correcting myself, but of course the damage is already done.

eBay has rejected my second direct appeal after contacting them. I’ve filed an appeal with PayPal now, so hopefully they’ll resolve things for me… If not, I guess all my money is down the drain, because the seller refuses to refund me and is now ignoring me.

apparently someone else has been scammed by this same seller, and they offered to send me some of their mandarin duck eggs next season when they’re laying. this made my day :yesss:

since I’ve confirmed the seller is scamming people, their eBay name is “grandmalulu”. do not purchase any eggs from them!
Have you only contacted eBay through email, not phone? They are much more helpful if you speak to them in person. I have had buyers leave unwarranted negative feedback and tried to use their automated system to get it removed and every time it was rejected. As soon as I talk to them on the phone they removed it right away. Obviously not the same scenario is what you're going through, but just an example.
I still think you should have gotten your refund... Anyone could have googled what Mandarin duck eggs look like and seen a picture... But it could be worth a shot still.
But I agree you should go through PayPal.

So an update on the eggs which have been in the incubator
I candled them today and see no development, although it’s very hard to get a good observation since the shells are dark and porous. I’ll give them a few more days. There’s a weird smell around the bator so I suspect some may be rotten, so I’m going to have to sniff them out and remove those.

All the eggs were infertile and beginning the process of rotting. Total scam, and smelled disgusting to boot.

Attachments

• 4EC9CD8A-CA95-41F4-95F8-A01BCEEF0154.jpeg
    4EC9CD8A-CA95-41F4-95F8-A01BCEEF0154.jpeg
    690.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 8282873F-77AD-455E-8896-3DF919AAEF46.jpeg
    8282873F-77AD-455E-8896-3DF919AAEF46.jpeg
    379.1 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom