Mandarin Duck thread ( for posting pictures and discussing)

Hey I have 2 nutmeg calls and there males a dam fox got
My females and belong I just might be the only one in jersey with nutmeg calls any suggestion s what color or type of call I should breed them with ?

First post. I got a pair of mandarin and wood duck last year. I made them two nest boxes, the mandie hen layed and set 12 eggs, I let her hatch them even though I have a dickies incubator. All 12 hatched and were crazy and strong! After about a week and a half a couple duckling couldn't walk they just push themselves around on there bellys:( I lost 5 of them mostly due to the week ones getting in the water and not being able to get out:( I couldn't take it any more so I took them and built them a nice brooder. Im wondering if y'all can give me some advice on what's wrong with the week ones, tell me if I'm doing something wrong, if I'm not, and what I need to do. Any advice is very appreciated.

I can get a picture to load for nothin, is that artificial grass it looks real good

Yeah artificial grass, keeps the place clean and tidy, we get a lot of rain over here and I didn't want a mucky aviary. I clean the poop off with an ice scraper into a dust pan and then wash it down with a poultry disinfectant in a pressure sprayer.

Back
Top Bottom