Mandarin Duck thread ( for posting pictures and discussing)

Mama will make the best incubator. I leave mine in the nest until they start hatching. When I get my new aviary built, I plan on making it escape proof for the ducklings and will leave the eggs out the whole time.

Okay thank you
smile.png

I second the mama incubator for any wild species. They don't incubate very well in bators. No known true blondes here that I am aware of, and white mandarins aren't but $100- $150 a pair here any more so unless it really was blondes, that's way over priced.
Lots of folks call them blonde cause they aren't snow white, the pattern areas of a white still show in a tan cream color.

what are you guys doing to prepare for the spring and the breeding season? If anyone has any pictures that would be nice too.

I just cleaned the pool and got a filter. Placed some shavings in the nesting boxes. I am thinking about hatching some eggs from an incubator and have some hatched by my two hens. My hens will start laying late march or the middle of April, depends on the weather. I have a blurry picture of our hens duckling.

We have two males and two females and the dominate one breed with both females. The other still breed his female a few times.

Back
Top Bottom